Hey, hey! I am Bonnie Holt Logsdon, a Registered Dietitian (RD), International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), Certified Lactation Educator™ (CLE©) through CAPPA and a DONA trained birth doula with over fourteen years of experience in practice. I am grateful and happy to be supporting Louisville and Southern Indiana families during the prenatal and postpartum period for both nutrition and breastfeeding support.
From belly to birth to breast, I am here for you! Supporting families during this critical and emotional time in their lives is such important work that I do not take lightly! I decided to call my practice The Baby's Voice because I truly believe that our babies are using their "voice" to tell us what they need. And what they need is you, mama! Your touch, voice, smell and the taste of your breastmilk is all they want and need. I promise to provide support in a compassionate, judgment-free way to meet you where you are and help you meet your breastfeeding or nutrition goals.
Families hire lactation consultants (IBCLCs) for our expertise in all things breastfeeding and baby! I specialize in:
- Sore/cracked/bleeding nipples and breast pain
- Baby not latching
- Engorgement, oversupply, mastitis, plugged or clogged ducts
- Tethered Oral Tissues (TOTs)/Tongue, Lip and Cheek Ties also known as Ankyloglossia; providing assessment for symptoms in baby and appropriate referrals
- Weaning off the nipple shield (and why you needed one to start)
- Pumping concerns, troubleshooting and a Back to Work/School/Overnight trips breastpump class and strategies
- Ordering your breastpump (I can help you do that for free!)
- Starting Solid foods with baby, food allergies, food safety, baby-led weaning
- Toddler Nutrition (picky eaters)
- Breastfeeding Multiples
- New mom support
If you are experiencing some of these things, please reach out for support and let's create a plan that best fits you and your babies needs.
When I am not doing this job that I love, I am spending time with my husband and our three year old son. We have traveled the world together and now enjoy time with our happy, yappy nursing toddler. He is our greatest adventure and keeps us on our toes and laughing! In my free time I enjoy quality time with family and friends, cooking and experimenting with new foods from around the world, traveling and visiting as many National Parks as possible!
I would be honored to be a part of your journey. Schedule an appointment today. I can't wait to meet you and your sweet babe!